Jennifer R. Loflin is a California-based criminal defense attorney. Her past experience encompasses family law and domestic violence issues. Her criminal defense practice is based in Riverside County, California, with an emphasis on cases involving mental health issues and potential diversion for individuals charged with a crime who experience mental health issues or have intellectual/developmental disabilities.
At age 6, Ms. Loflin watched Perry Mason on television with her grandfather. She asked “What’s that? What is he doing?” Her grandfather explained what a lawyer did, and she replied, “I want to do that.” He told her, “You can do anything you want to do, sweetheart.” She pursued her dream.
Educated at the Creighton University School of Law in Omaha, NE, and the University of California Riverside, she has practiced on behalf of Riverside County as both a Deputy District Attorney and a Deputy Public Defender. Prior to that, Ms Loflin served as a Deputy District Attorney in San Bernardino County where she prosecuted juvenile criminal cases. She has also served as the Staff Attorney/Director of the Public Service Law Corporation, where she managed a non-profit legal aid clinic specializing in family law. In her work with PSLC she established the Pro Se Clinic at Riverside’s Bankruptcy Court for the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Ms. Loflin’s motto is “Don’t Give Up. Ever.” Unintimidated and uncompromising, yet compassionate and humble, she is honored to be able to do the work that she does. She will make the hard choices when necessary, and has exceptional empathy for her clients. She believes that criminal defense work is a privilege to practice, because she has the opportunity to protect her clients’ highest liberty: their freedom. C
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Admitted to practice, State Bar of California 2007, SBN 248388
- Admitted to practice, United States District Court, Central District of California 2009
- University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA
- Certificate: Crime Scene Investigation December 2004
- Creighton University School of Law, Omaha, NE. Juris Doctor, June 1999
- Moot Court Board-Quarter Finalist and State Team Member
- Staff writer and assistant editor-“The Advocate” Creighton Law Newspaper
- Creighton University, Omaha, NE. B.S., Business Administration, June 1996